Business Support Officer (Environment and Waste)
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Internal Applicants Only
An opportunity is available for a highly enthusiastic and experienced Business Support Officer to provide efficient and effective administrative support in a professional and responsive manner to the Environment and Waste Services unit in a permanent part-time job share position.
Working within the Environment and Waste Services team, the position will assist with a range of functions in delivering high quality, professional and accurate administrative support to the Environment and Waste Services Manager and team. This role will also be required to:
- Prepare of correspondence including: memos, letters, templates, faxes, emails, presentations, agendas, minutes, reports, posters, passes, flyers and publications relating to the team;
- Assistance with review of existing business processes, updating of procedures and workflows and preparation of new process and procedures;
- Enter, maintain and report works activities into the relevant directorate databases and spreadsheets; and
- Provide high level customer service on behalf of Council with both internal and external customers and ensure that all enquiries for the Directorate are referred to the appropriate person.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Certificate III in Business Office Administration or other equivalent qualifications;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an office administration role;
- Demonstrated advanced skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced keyboard skills and experience in the use of Electronic Document Management Systems and Customer Request Management Systems; and
- Demonstrated well developed written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $49,685 - $57,530 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- Permanent Part-time – 14 hours per week
Close Date: Sunday 19 November 2017 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Michael Alexander, Manager Environment and Waste on 4993 4253
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.